The Best Tri Tip Marinade Recipe - Easy And Delicious
The Tri Tip or also known as "bottom sirloin butt" and "triangle roast" is beautifully marbled and full of meaty flavour and paired with this marinade it is sure to be a favourite for any meat lover. This recipe is simple and pretty much fool proof making it one of my favourite recipes. One of the reasons this is one of the best Tri Tip Marinades, it is so versatile it can be used for grilling, roasting or smoking Tri Tip. If you prefer a little more kick just add some hot sauce or chilli powder to your liking.
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil 1/4 cup Any good cooking oil can be substituted
- Minced Garlic 6 Cloves
- Dark Brown Sugar 2 tbsp.
- Maple Syrup 1 tbsp. If you don't have Maple Syrup, use Honey
- Salt 1 tbsp.
- Soy Sauce 1 tsp.
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 1 tsp. Use extra Soy if you don't have Worcestershire
- Onion Powder 1 tbsp.
- Dry Mustard Powder 1 tsp.
- Ground Black Pepper 1 tsp.
- Celery Salt 1 tsp.
- Vegetable Stock Powder 1 tsp.
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together well, being sure to dissolve all the sugar or it may clump and sit at the bottom of the bag.
- Place the Tri Tip in an extra large zip lock bag then pour in the Best Tri Tip Marinade Mix ensuring that all the meat is fully covered.
- Squeeze out any excess air and then let sit in the fridge for 6-12 hours, turning every few hours if you can, then remove it from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for half an hour before cooking to your liking.
- My favourite way to cook a whole Tri Tip is low and slow over hot coals, letting the dripping juices hit the coals, this gives a lovely smokiness that you just can’t get on a gas flame or in an oven.
True Blue Barbecue http://truebluebarbecue.com/